Volunteers are invited to assist in helping children and parents at the Power of Produce (POP) Club booth, on scheduled Sundays in July and August at the Eastern Ingham Farmers Market (EIFM).
Each volunteer works a 2 two-hour shift (10 a.m. to noon or noon to 2:00 p.m.) at the POP Club booth. The POP Club program provides a fun-filled, activity based curriculum to give children ages 3-8 the opportunity to learn about fruits and vegetables, where they come from, how they grow, and the many benefits of eating fresh produce.
Initially, enrolled children will pick up an individual activity packet and will receive POP Club tokens the following week, upon submission of their project from the prior week. Each volunteer will assist the Market POP Club coordinator with the planned curriculum, by completing the following list of tasks listed below:
- Assemble kits for the Sunday POP Club session.
- Assist parents with the children’s POP Club enrollment form.
- Provide the session’s activity materials/items to each participant.
- Maintain an ‘attendance log for POP Club participants
In the event CDC, state, and local guidelines allow the POP Club to reopen for on-site activities, the volunteers would:
5. Help children with POP Club activities
6. Assist with set-up and tear-down of the POP Club booth.
NOTE: High school students applying for volunteer positions to earn community service credit will be given a weekly report documenting volunteer service time.