Volunteers are invited to assist in setting up and/or taking down service/activity booths operated by the Market during Market season. The Market is open to customers from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on Sundays mid-May through mid-October.
Each volunteer is asked to work 1-2 hours for any of the 22 Sundays that the Market is open, rain or shine. Setup is scheduled 8:00 – 9:30 or 10:00 am and take down is 2:00-3:30 or 4:00.
Set-up takes approximately 60-90 minutes with a goal of completion by 9:30 a.m. Take-down begins at 2:00 p.m., and typically takes 30-60 minutes.
These volunteers assist the Market Manager to:
- Move Market equipment from storage for opening and return equipment to storage upon closing.
- Check McCormick Park restrooms to ensure they are open and clean.
- Pick up any trash to ensure a clean Market area.
- tables and chairs,
- hand-washing stations
- coolers with ice and beverages,
- waste and recycling bins,
- water bowls for dogs
- “Market Open” and “Welcome” signage
- sponsor’s marquee
- parking area signage and cones for those with special needs
- Upon closing of the Market, pick up any trash left behind (typically not an issue)
- Assist vendors with set-up or tear-down as needed, especially in inclement weather.
NOTE: High School students accepted for volunteer positions to earn community service credit will work with the Market Manager and/or the Volunteer Coordinator to obtain documentation required by their high school.
Sign Up to Volunteer Here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70A0448ACAB29A75-20231
Volunteer Coordinator, Jackie Ellis – 586-876-5764 or firstname.lastname@example.org