IN ADHERANCE TO CDC COVID-19 GUIDELINES, the Market has eliminated, for the duration of social distancing, all non-essential areas and activities that attract lingering or close contact in the Market, such as music, seating/eating areas, special events and children’s activities, product sampling and cooking demonstrations.
Due to COVID-19, there are no special events scheduled for the 2020 Market season.
IF the health trends change the guidelines provided by the Governor’s Executive Orders, we will post events added to our Market schedule here.
This season we had created a special Market calendar reflecting various national holidays, awareness and recognition days. Our plan had been to create special theme related events and activities during the Sunday Market hours (from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., May 17th-October 11th).
These Market activities would have included musical performances at the Spotted Goat canopy (with tables and chairs for those who want to relax and kick back), special vendors or exhibitors, and children’s activities.
For now, however, for the health and safety of all concerned, we will continue to post the holiday, awareness and recognition themes the Market has on schedule, but defer all related special events and activities.
When health restrictions are lifted, we will insert activities that are permitted by Market guidelines into the calendar.
Special Event in August:
The Power of Produce Club
The Power of Produce (POP) Club provides children ages 4-8 with educational activities , demonstrations, and interactions with their local food growers that are designed to enhance interest in, and enjoyment of market fresh fruits and vegetables.
Schedule of Events
The Schedule for musical performers is listed separately on the Music page.
Due to the restrictions placed upon the Market operations, the Schedule of Events is currently limited to the following list of weekly themes for the 2020 Market season.
- May 17th Armed Forces & Victoria Day
- May 24th Memorial Day, EMS Week, Jazz Music Week
- May 31st Smokey Bear, Chamber Music Week
- June 7th Pollinators, Best Friends
- June 14th Flag Day, Childrens Day, Children’s Music
- June 21st Father’s Day, Photo-Selfie & Nature
- June 28th Adopt a Cat Day
- July 5th Cherry Week, National Blueberry Day (7-8)
- July 12th Barbershop Music Appreciation, Massage Day
- July 19th Lightening Safety, National Ice Cream Day
- July 26th Parents, Aunts & Uncles Day, Bagel Day
- August 2nd Clown Week, Farmers Market Week, Water Baloons Week
- August 9th National Smile Week, Book Lovers Day
- August 16th Friendship Week
- August 23rd Be Kind to Humankind Week, Ride the Wind Day
- August 30th Roasted Marshmallow Day, Nat’l College Colors Day
- September 6th Read a Book Day, Labor Day
- September 13th Nat’l Farm, Animals Farm Safety Week, Grandparent’s Day
- September 20th National String Cheese Day, Whole Grains Day
- September 27th Yom Kippur, Hispanic Heritage Day
- October 4th Popcorn and Apple Day
- October 11th National Farmers Day, Farmers Appreciation Day